Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Morning Self-Care Routine: JESSICA DIMAS


I am super religious about my nightly routine and my morning routine as well! My nightly self-care routine helps me unwind and de-stimulate, and my morning routine helps set my mood for the entire day.
I don’t consider myself a morning person, which really only makes my morning routine all the more crucial. I take it seriously because I love feeling calm, relaxed, and centered. I also like to feel like I’m ahead of the day so that annoyances and irritations don’t get to me like they would if I wasn’t grounded with feelings of inner peace.
Here’s my routine broken down!

NIGHT PREP

I have two kids, three and five years old, and they wake up early. So the night before, I cut up fruit for them and put it on a low shelf in the fridge, alongside other snacks, and keep breakfast bars in the pantry for them.
This way, I’m not bombarded first thing in the morning with two hungry kiddies.

AVOID MY PHONE

This is really, really big for me. Since I’m not a morning person, it’s easy for me to roll over and grab my phone so I can scroll mindlessly through Facebook while I wake up. This starts me off on the wrong foot for so many reasons.
When I make the choice to scroll mindlessly through Facebook or Instagram or any other social media network, I allow the energy of others to affect my own energy before my day has even started.
Checking emails or work related stats can also cause me to feel overwhelmed and hurried before I’ve gotten out of bed. And the constant scrolling can give me a slight headache.
There are just no positive benefits of checking my phone first thing in the morning, so I choose to ignore my phone for at least an hour or two. And the longer I stay off social media in general, the better my days are.

For more self-healing and care routine>> http://jessicadimas.com/